Locations: Vienna; Klagenfurt; Remote – Europe
Core skills: Leadership, Coaching, Career Planning, Agile Software Delivery, Hiring, Project Management, Design for Scalability, Cloud Native, Microservices, Java, Sprint Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, AWS, Google, Spring Cloud, Hibernate, MySQL, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK Stack
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney+, Discovery+, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, fuboTV, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
Our solution suite consists of a Video Encoder, Player, and Analytics platform, enabling content owners to redefine the viewer experience through API-based workflow optimization, fast turnaround, and scalability. Innovations include the first commercial HTML5 MPEG-DASH.
“We are constantly seeking out forward-thinking individuals who want to shape the future of video… come and work with us!”
Stefan Lederer, CEO
At Bitmovin we value cognitive diversity and the huge part this plays in not only creating a global culture second to none, but in how this underpins our ability to create truly representative, Emmy award-winning products. Diversity in all its forms is encouraged and celebrated at Bitmovin; everyone has a role to play in helping us shape the future of video.
Bitmovin is looking for leaders to join our Platform team as Engineering Manager. We are providing a massively scalable cloud-based tech stack to power our Bitmovin products. In this team, you will work with inspired individuals that power our cloud-native microservice architecture that is built to run with AWS, GC, and Azure. You will also collaborate with other engineering managers to run initiatives further enhancing our strong leadership and coaching culture to develop the careers of Bitmovers.
This is an opportunity that offers:
- Work with a highly motivated team with a strong knowledge-sharing and learning culture
- Supporting the team in delivering high-quality and tested code
- Gaining up-to-date knowledge of leadership trends, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices and discuss with your peer group
- Work with a modern tech stack including Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana, ELK Stack, SonarQube, and CircleCI.
- Involvement in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution.
- Diverse career opportunities and continuous growth.
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Coaching and mentoring your team to execute according to the agreed-upon standards
- Evolve the team standards further by running impactful retrospective meetings
- Helping every team member to grow in their career and personally
- Supporting the team in delivering high-quality and tested code in an agile fashion
- Help extend and enhance our monitoring/alerting systems as well as build powerful CI/CD systems
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
What can you bring
- Experience in leading development teams
- Experience in coaching and mentoring your teams as well as individuals to achieve exceptional results
- Strong communication skills in English in both written and spoken form
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- A positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or when things go haywire
- Solid Java/Kotlin knowledge, with professional experience in development and architectural design
- Passion for software craftsmanship, best practices, design patterns, automated testing, and clean code
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training, and coaching on the job.
Life at Bitmovin
Find out more about us on our Careers Page
See what fellow Bitmovers are saying on LinkedIn
Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
For all of our roles, we are willing to offer flexible working arrangements to support everyone’s unique circumstances.
Can’t see a position for you?
We are always looking for talented people to join the team, so just send us your resume