SMTP + IMAP + POP3 + Antispam + Antivirus
Web administration + Web email
…on your server in ~5 minutes
You can have full-featured mailserver installed in couple minutes mostly waiting until script get job
done. Whole package was designed with sane defaults to start quickly without knowing internals and
without doing decisions which can break e-mail system.
Data has its own volume
User data and configuration is strictly separated from binaries. User database is stored in SQLite
database – in file. Therefore Poste.io can be fully used with external storages. Migration, backups
or updates are therefore very easy and mostly consist of files manipulation.
Poste.io is created since beginning with security in mind. Internet history is full of painful security
incidents, so we traded old email clients compatibility and insecure authentication methods for features
which fits modern security requirements.
Installing full featured mail server from Open Source components is not simple task – see schema. Making the necessary plumbing with easy to use web administration is
another challenge. Installation of poste.io consists of three easy steps and couple minutes to
have ready to use full featured robust email server.
- native implementation of SPF, DKIM, DMARC, SRS with simple wizard
- Antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware (ClamAV)
- Built-in spam filter (RSPAMD)
- Webmail client on HTTPS (Roundcube)
- Email redirection, autoreply and other filtering by Sieve scripts (email owner managed, every action can be scripted)
- Quota for limiting mail box space or email count
- Web administration with different rights for system administrator, domain administrator, email owner.
- Built in autodiscovery for Microsoft products, Thunderbird…
- Diagnostics to help setup domain and mailserver properly
- SMTP – port 25, 465 (TLS), 587
- POP3 – port 110, 995 (TLS)
- IMAP – port 143, 993 (TLS)
SSLTLS everywhere! No personal data, emails, logins go through internet unencrypted.
- All passwords are by default stored as salted SHA512 hash (5000 rounds). Attackers will have hard time to crack your passwords.
- Whole mail server container is isolated by Docker from other apps.